Search This Blog

Sunday 7 July 2024

Birding @ Frankfurt Airport

Frankfurt Airport

Sunday 07 July 2024

During a short window between our connecting flights from Edinbrugh to Frankfurt and then to Budapest for our holiday in Hungary I needed a few species for my Germany list. So when we got off the plane, I was already trying to find birds for my list. We walked to the gate for getting on the plane but we were lucky to be a few minutes early meaning I had some time for birding. At first I was scanning the horizon and skyline for birds flying in the distance. I found 3 Starlings which flew past and behind a building and away. Still scanning, I saw a couple Swifts flying around, chatching insects. Checking the tall buildings I found a few Carrion Crows and a Woodpigeon. Just before we got on the plane, I also got quick views of a Feral pigeon

eBird Checklist

The 5 German species on my eBird World Map

No comments:

Post a Comment