Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 July 2024

Birding in Hungary 2024 - Day 3

Birding in Hungary III

Wednesday 10 July 2024 

On Wednesday, my mum, my dad and I walked towards the hide at Csaba-to seeing many very showing Reed warblers and a group of Mallards. We had a few flyover Night Herons on the way as well and few Savi's Warblers. At the hide we saw a couple Great Reed Warblers and a Sedge Warbler. Just as my dad left the hide my lifer Little Bittern flew out of the reeds! A bit later we saw the pair of Red-Backed Shrikes and saw two Clouded Yellow Butterflies; my lifer! Afterwards, we had a Hoopoe fly past and a few Marsh Harriers as well. We saw a few Goldfinches on the way back and a Syrian Woopecker in a tree as well as many Caspain gulls. We stopped to look for the Thrush Nightingale, which we heard calling in the trees again. After trying to find it and only getting glimpese of a small bird fly from a bush we went home since it was also getting dark. 

eBird Checklist

 

A Great Reed Warbler in a tree

No comments:

Post a Comment