Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 July 2024

Birding in Hungary 2024 - Day 2

Birding in Hungary II

Tuesday 09 July 2024 

On Tuesday morning, my dad and I went for a morning of birding around the Csaba-to area. We tried to find the Thrush nightingale that we had found yesterday (we are now quite sure it is a Thrush Nightingale) and to get some pictures of it. We did not see it or hear it but we did hear a Common Nightingale which was calling. On the way to the hide we didn't see much birds apart from a heard-only Golden Oriole and a Common Sandpiper. Once at the hide we found a pair of Red-backed Shrikes flying around some of the trees and the fields. We also heard and later got views of a Great Reed Warbler, my lifer! Not too long after my dad saw a Hoopoe but I missed it. But only a few minutes later, I got my lifer Bee-eater! A few of them were flying overhead and calling, we didn't get great views but still a lifer! Just after stopping to look at a Sand martin, I saw a green/yellow bird fly into a tree. At first I thought it was a Green Woodpecker but after two more came in and started singing, I realised that they were infact Golden Orioles we tried to get views of this beautiful species but failed finding a juvenile Red-backed Shrike instead. We did not find many birds afterwards apart from a couple heard-only Bearded Reedlings.

eBird Checklist 

No comments:

Post a Comment