Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 August 2024

Birding in Hungary 2024 - Day 21

Birding in Hungary XXI

Saturday 27 July 2024

Belvedere Garten und Botanischer Garten der Universität Wien

This morning we arrived in Vienna, Austria marking my 12th counrty. We came by train from Budapest and saw a few birds along the way such as a Buzzard. From the train station we walked to the Belvedere Garten and took a selfie in front of an amazing castle. We walked towards the Univercity's Botanical Gardens where we enjoyed the beautiful flora along the paths. We didn't seen may birds apart from a stunning male Black Redstart. Also in the gardens were some Red squirrels with one of them being a dark brown individual. I beliveve this is a differnt subspecies or the dark morph of the species. Please correct me if I am incorrect. Unfourcenetly we didn't see many birds in Vienna and we were hungry so we went to a local cafe to have a drink. Afterwards we headed to the airport where I saw Yellow-legged gull and a White Wagtail before we took off towards Amsterdam.

Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS)

This evening we arrived at Amsterdam at around 21:00 on the grass paralele to the runway, I saw a Yellow-legged Gull my first for the Netherlands. It was dark soon and I didn't see any birds while waiting for the flight to Aberdeen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment